SimplexGrinnell is dedicated to excellence in all of our practices and policies concerning the environment, health and safety. We strive to be good citizens in the communities in which we operate, and to provide a safe, healthy workplace. We are committed to complying with all environmental, health and safety laws and regulations wherever we conduct business.
We seek to conserve energy, water and raw materials, practice recycling and reduce waste. We are committed to recycling spent batteries, cardboard, paper and waste electrical and electronic equipment. We are reducing our carbon footprint by right sizing our fleet vehicles and employing GPS technology for more efficient day-to-day fleet deployment and management.
We provide comprehensive safety training, including work site safety programs, ergonomics, and driving and personal protective equipment. This, along with rigorous reporting and tracking, provides the framework to enable us to perform work without injury to employees, contractors and others. We work hard to instill a ‘safety first’ mindset in all of our employees, wherever they may be located.
- Workplace Safety
- Workplace safety is our highest priority and one of the greatest benefits we can offer to our employees and their families. SimplexGrinnell’s belief is that all accidents can be prevented. We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all employees and others on company premises and we are all responsible for maintaining a safe workplace by following safety and health rules and practices.
- Harassment-Free / Violence-Free Workplace
- One of SimplexGrinnell's key goals is to maintain a work environment free from discrimination, harassment or personal behavior that is not conducive to a productive work climate. We are steadfast in our commitment to provide a workplace environment free from intimidation, threats and violent acts.
- Drug / Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy
- Substance abuse, including alcohol abuse, is a serious threat to the safety, health and productivity of our organization, employees and customers. SimplexGrinnell believes that its employees, customers and shareholders benefit from a workplace free of alcohol and drugs.
- SimplexGrinnell in Good Standing on Environmental, Safety & Health Compliance Websites
As a leading fire and life-safety systems contractor, SimplexGrinnell makes a strong commitment to the environment, health and safety. In support of that effort, SimplexGrinnell is a contractor/supplier in good-standing on a number of important compliance websites. These sites help connect companies with contractors, such as SimplexGrinnell, that are deemed to be safe and reliable. Along those lines, SimplexGrinnell is a subscriber with ISNetworld, PICS, and Browz. The services provided by these organizations can help in the pre-bid process and with on-site management of work conducted by SimplexGrinnell.
ISNetworld is a global resource for connecting corporations with safe, reliable vendors from capital-intensive industries. ISN collects self-reported conformance information from SimplexGrinnell, verifies its accuracy, and then reports the results in an easy-to-follow format. This allows corporations to select those resources that best meet internal and governmental requirements, while providing vendors and suppliers the opportunity to centralize their conformance information, saving time and gaining presence in the marketplace.
ISN's Review and Verification Services (RAVS) is the industry-leading provider of conformance verification. Self-reported health, safety and procurement related data is reviewed by subject matter experts who verify accuracy and validity. Through its innovative data-systems, superior customer service, and global reach, ISN fosters safer work environments, stronger partnerships, and a healthier bottom-line. For more information about ISNetworld, please contact the ISN Customer Service Team at 214-303-4900 or visit http://www.isnetworld.com/
PICS offers a variety of solutions for organizations trying to minimize paperwork while improving health and safety culture across their business units. PICS helps many of the largest companies and organizations in the world manage their contractors in a variety of industries, including: Oil & Gas; Chemical; Pulp & Paper; Construction; Manufacturing; Power; and others. More information available at http://www.picsauditing.com/
Browz helps buyers and suppliers exchange critical compliance information thereby providing risk reduction and due diligence of safety programs and performance, management of insurance, and a review process of contractors. Additional information online at https://www.browz.com/
Learn more about our ability to meet your life-safety needs by contacting your nearest SimplexGrinnell district office. For Financing and other services we offer, click here.