NFSA In-Class Seminar: Inspection, Testing & Maintenance for the AHJ
Sponsored by: SimplexGrinnell
This intense one-day seminar will focus on the two primary questions that all AHJs are concerned with when it comes to water-based fire protection systems: “Will the system work?” and “How do I know?” Through interactive discussion and activities this seminar will cover the administrative chapters (1-4) and the corrective chapters (14-15) if NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems. Centering on documentation and processing, this seminar will provide the attendee with guidance on developing and continuing a relevant enforcement program.
Topics covered will include:
- Sections of NFPA 25 that apply to administrative and enforcement requirements
- Key definitions
- Roles and responsibilities of building owners or their designated representatives
- Difference between internal inspections and obstruction investigations, and the need for each
- Impairment procedures for systems
- Overview of what sprinkler deficiencies look like and why they need to be corrected
For a full description and course outline, click here.
Please note: These seminars qualify for continuing education as required by NICET and meet mandatory Continuing Education Requirements for Businesses and Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
Dates & Locations
- February 28 – Charleston, SC
- March 1 – Raleigh, NC
- March 13 – Louisville, KY
- April 10 – San Francisco, CA
- April 12 – Sacramento, CA
- May 15 – Oklahoma City, OK
- June 12 – Portland, ME
- August 8 – Indianapolis, IN
- Date TBD – Ottawa, CA
- Date TBD – Northern Virginia
*Cost is $25 per student with lunch included*
To register for one of the upcoming seminars, please visit www.nfsa.org and follow the instructions listed below:
- From the drop-down navigation menu, go to Training & Events followed by In-Class Seminars followed by One and Two Day Seminars
- Under Seminar Name, find the courses listed “Inspection, Testing & Maintenance for the AHJ”
- Select the seminar that you would like to attend according to the date and location and click on Register
If you have any questions or experience any difficulty with the registration process, please contact Frank Monikowski by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our ability to meet your life-safety needs by contacting your nearest SimplexGrinnell district office. For Financing and other services we offer, click here.